Monday, April 12, 2010

The Hallway

I am in the Hallway, let me tell you about it.

God told us to close the door to the ministry we were in. While it took a while to do that the day after Easter the shut...

As that door pulled shut behind me, it closed slowly, but securely, like a vault door might; with great certainty that it would not be open again.

As that door shut behind me I realized that it closed off the only source of light in the hallway that I now stood. There was only one thing that I knew for sure, I stood holding on to the hand of God. I could reach one hand in any direction, but could feel no walls. I was a bit terrifying, I'm supposed to be passing though this hallway on the way to the next door, but right now I can't even tell where a door is, let alone the door.

A thought crossed my mind. Maybe, I'll just reach a little further for a door, there can't be one that far away. I'm sure I can take three steps to the left and if I don't find anything I can always come back. If I wonder around in this darkness long enough there is no doubt that I will find a door.

There are only two problems there. One, what if while I'm gone God moves, and He's not where I left Him...
Also, what if I find this door and its locked, and the next one is locked and the one after that. Having come so far should I just force a door open. Certainty, one would open with enough pressure. However, there is always a price to pay for forcing a door open. Perhaps, the broken door will have to be repaired or maybe a piece of glass will cut me. Those can be the worst cuts, they may never heal right, and the glass is so sharp that you often don't even realize the damage that was done till later.


No, I think I'll stand here and hold on to my Father's hand. I can't see in the darkness, but He can, He knows when it's safe to walk and when its best to be still, He knows when to move left and when to go right, and though it might seem like I'm going in circles He knows the way. I know that He is not going to fast or too slow. It's only my fears that make me want to rush Him. Except, He's not on my schedule, He will arrive right on time, and as long as I hold on so will I.

3 comments:

  1. Luke, love the blogs. The story in the hallway was cool.
    It was a very vivid picture. I miss y bro! Still praying for y'all
    p. Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever forget the picture you described of
    holding onto Jesus hand in the midst of that darkness.
    I remember so many times in my life choosing to let go of his hand.
    Jesus is a gentlemen. He won't squeeze my hand when I want to let go. Those were the times in my life where I ended up reaping the the worst consequences, hurting myself and others. Don't ever want to do that again.
    Yea... I think I'll hold on to the masters hand too.

    ReplyDelete

Followers