Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Rescuer

Play this song if you have it while reading this.




When lifeguards are being trained one of the things they learn is the proper way to hold the one being rescued. Sometimes the one who is being rescued doesn't know what's best. The rescuer has to take charge. Because the rescuer knows better

I have prayed more than a few times, God rescue me from the situation. I am in a dessert place, I can't find my way out, and I am completely helpless. Today His response to me was "this is where I am". As much as I want to get out of this land of in-between, this is where God is. To try and leave this place would be to leave God.

When Israel passed through the wilderness, God led them, I'm sure there was a faster way through the desert, but was there a safer way. The center of God's will is the safest place in the world, whether you are in the bush of Africa, the mission-field of Sudan or Southern California.

Sometimes the one in need of rescue is the one least capable of seeing what help is needed.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read "The Dream Giver"? This book is amazing-- it's made a lasting impression on me and I think of it often as I go through my life.
    It is a reminder to me that no matter where, no matter how much I can tell it or not, my Shepherd is guiding me as in Psalm 23.
    He is your rescuer and He'll move you just in time!

    ReplyDelete

Followers